FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WHICH METHODS OF PAYMENT DO YOU ACCEPT?
Accepted Payment Methods
We accept Amazon Pay, American Express, Apple Pay, Discover, Google Pay, Mastercard, Paypal, Paypal Credit, Shopify Pay and Visa.
WHERE IS MY ORDER CONFIRMATION?
As soon as your order ships, you will receive an email confirmation* to the email address you entered on your order and/or an SMS text message notification to your mobile number provided on your order.
*If did not receive an email, please check your spam folder and add email@example.com to your safe sender list.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO PROCESS MY ORDER?
Processing time varies between 2-4 business days before the order is shipped.
Once shipped, you can expect the order to arrive via ground shipping within 1-5 business days for items less than 150 lbs. For heavier items, it typically takes one to three weeks for delivery depending on the level of service requested, such as white glove delivery.
MY DEBIT/CREDIT CARD ISN'T WORKING AND MY ORDER ISN'T GOING THROUGH. HELP!
- Double-check all card information
- Confirm your billing address (especially your zip code!)
- Still not working? Contact your bank and make sure they have the correct billing information for your account. Also, verify that you have not exceeded your daily spending limits.
- Use another card
- Use our Pay with Amazon option
WHY WAS MY ORDER CANCELLED?
A few possible reasons as to why your order was cancelled/refunded:
- You did not respond to an important email from Carter Medical Supply regarding a time sensitive email.
- You may have placed a duplicate order and we automatically refunded it to make sure you were not charged twice.
- Order was flagged as "Highly Fraudulent" and was refunded (in this case, please place an order again and provide us with the following information in the 'Notes' section during checkout):
- E-mail Address
- Billing Address
- Last 4 Digits of Credit Card/Debit Card Used
WHY WAS I CHARGED MORE THAN ONCE?
Your debit / credit card will only be charged once.
If you just placed your order and you received an error at first, the second transaction you are seeing is a payment authorization. This is a common bank practice handling credit/debit card transactions to ensure sufficient funds and account authenticity.
When you SUBMIT an order, your credit/debit card will have an authorization placed on the card for the entire transaction amount. Once the order is invoiced and shipped from the warehouse, your card will be charged and the authorization hold for the funds is removed. The time it takes for the authorization to clear depends on your bank or credit card issuer, usually within 2-4 business days.
Submit Order --> Bank/CC Company Holds Funds for Order --> We Ship Your Order --> Hold Removed --> Actual Charge Applied to Card
***Please note that a payment authorization hold is created each time you click SUBMIT.
In the event that your order is cancelled or you need to remove multiple authorization holds, we recommend contacting your bank or credit card issuer to request an immediate release of any holds from your account.
I GET AN ERROR MESSAGE WHEN I ENTER MY SHIPPING & BILLING ADDRESSES. WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?
A couple things could be the issue:
- Credit card information
- Billing or shipping address
- You are shipping to a region that is not supported by this store. Carter Medical Supply offers shipping to the continental United States. We ship to the continental 48 states, and the District of Columbia. Our shipping service area excludes Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico and other U.S. minor islands.
Please double check your entering in the exact address associated with your card. Most times it is a simple typo, a zip code discrepancy, or not listing the apartment number.
MY ORDER STATUS SAYS 'UNFULFILLED'. WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?
"Unfulfilled" just means that we successfully received your order! Once your order is shipped, you'll receive a tracking number and your order status will change to "Fulfilled."
I JUST PLACED MY ORDER. CAN I ADD ANOTHER ITEM TO IT?
Unfortunately, we cannot add anything to an existing order. Please place a new order for the new item.
WHAT INFORMATION DOES CARTER MEDICAL SUPPLY STORE?
Name, email, address, and order history.
CAN I USE MULTIPLE CODES ON MY ORDER?
Only one code my be used per order.
HOW DO I INPUT MY DISOUNT CODE?
Enter your coupon code in the "Gift Card or Discount Code" section during the checkout process. Hit apply and the discount amount will be reflected on the order total immediately!
WILL MY DISCOUNT CODE WORK ON SALE ITEMS?
No, discount codes will not work on sale items. If you have both sale and full priced items in your cart, you may still use your code, and only items that are not on sale will be discounted.
SHIPPING & DELIVERY
HOW MUCH DOES SHIPPING COST?
Free UPS or FedEx Ground Shipping on Select Products over $49
|UNDER $49||$6.95 Flat Rate|
Items are divided into two categories for shipping:
- Sent via UPS or FedEx Ground.
- Packages less than 150 lbs.
- Sent via trusted carriers that specialize in handling large items.
- Shipping options that list the level of delivery service.
- Typically take one to three weeks for delivery.
Suppliers will typically ship within 2-4 business days after the invoice is paid, and orders can be expected to arrive to a customer within 5-8 business days from the order date.
We won't surprise you with any hidden charges or handling fees. The price you see in the shopping cart is the price you pay, with one exception: if you are shipping an order to the state of Nevada, United States, we are required to collect sales tax.
DO YOU SHIP TO P.O. BOXES, APO/FPO ADDRESSES, OR INTERNATIONAL ADDRESSES?
No, we do not ship to P.O boxes, APO/FPO addresses, and international addresses. We currently only ship within the contiguous United States.
I PLACED MY ORDER, BUT INPUT THE WRONG SHIPPING ADDRESS. WHAT DO I DO?
Please notify us at Customer Service (firstname.lastname@example.org) as soon as possible if you have entered your address incorrectly during checkout.
All orders that have been shipped to an incorrect address will be the customer's responsibility for paying for the shipping fees associated with the order. Once the package returns to the warehouse, we will refund the order for the total amount that was spent on the payment (minus shipping fees).
Carter Medical Supply will not be responsible for packages and/or additional fees that are associated with shipment to an incorrect address.
WHY IS THE PRODUCT MARKED FSA OR HAS ELIGIBLE?Items marked FSA or HSA Eligible are products that can be purchased using a Flexible Spending Account (FSA) or Health Savings Account (HSA) two ways.
- Debit Card: If you have a FSA or HSA debit card, you can use it as a method of payment during checkout. The full order amount must be available in your account FSA or HSA prior to purchase.
- Reimbursement: If you do not have the full amount available to debit, you can use your personal credit card to pay for medical expenses and then reimburse yourself from your HSA before you accrue credit card interest. This way you get the benefit of tax-free payments, plus any credit card rewards.